Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Blocked cat

Larissa666

If anyone can offer any help, if anyone has already been in this situation, it would be much appreciated.

My male cat has urinary obstruction. We went to the vet today, he gave him injections which I believe are antibiotics, in case obstruction is caused by infection. He told me to come back immediately tomorrow morning if he doesn’t get better, they will do catheter method to drain the urine.

Does anyone have any advice what I can do to help him? Can energy healing be beneficial, or it can make things worse? I also heard these things can reoccur even after treatment, is there any way I can stop this from happening?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Larissa666 said:
If anyone can offer any help, if anyone has already been in this situation, it would be much appreciated.

My male cat has urinary obstruction. We went to the vet today, he gave him injections which I believe are antibiotics, in case obstruction is caused by infection. He told me to come back immediately tomorrow morning if he doesn’t get better, they will do catheter method to drain the urine.

Does anyone have any advice what I can do to help him? Can energy healing be beneficial, or it can make things worse? I also heard these things can reoccur even after treatment, is there any way I can stop this from happening?

This is possibly caused by a heavy intake of dry food. In reality, cats need wet food to stay properly hydrated, regardless of available liquid water. Please read more here: https://catinfo.org/feline-urinary-tract-diseases/

I believe the food is the primary contributor if you were feeding him dry food. Fixing that should alleviate a lot of the long-term concerns.

Doing healing work will definitely help, but it may take more energy or effort than you realize. At the same time, this is only a cat and not another human. Also, the problem does not seem advanced yet (although the obstruction itself is an immediate problem), so perhaps a small boost to the cat's energy could fix this.

For healing, Sun energy/Sowilo works best because it covers all wavelengths and rules general vitality. Given that the issue is urinary, perhaps Mars energy would be useful, but this may be overcomplicating it. I would use either Sowilo or Uruz.

Although the moon conditions are not perfect for healing, sometimes it is better to start sooner. You can also stop and restart the working on a better date, as well.

At a minimum, you could at least clean his aura and lower chakras, as well as the bladder and ureter directly.

Although the obstruction should get taken care of as soon as possible, follow-up care and recovery can be facilitated by acupuncture. Depending on where you live, there may be clinics that offer this.

Besides alleviating the problem itself (likely damp/phlegm congestion in the kidneys), acupuncture can rebuild his energy to prevent this. Although, it would not change any environmental factors like food.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=361299 time=1654056889 user_id=21286]
Larissa666 said:

This is possibly caused by a heavy intake of dry food. In reality, cats need wet food to stay properly hydrated, regardless of available liquid water. Please read more here: https://catinfo.org/feline-urinary-tract-diseases/

I believe the food is the primary contributor if you were feeding him dry food. Fixing that should alleviate a lot of the long-term concerns.

Doing healing work will definitely help, but it may take more energy or effort than you realize. At the same time, this is only a cat and not another human. Also, the problem does not seem advanced yet (although the obstruction itself is an immediate problem), so perhaps a small boost to the cat's energy could fix this.

For healing, Sun energy/Sowilo works best because it covers all wavelengths and rules general vitality. Given that the issue is urinary, perhaps Mars energy would be useful, but this may be overcomplicating it. I would use either Sowilo or Uruz.

Although the moon conditions are not perfect for healing, sometimes it is better to start sooner. You can also stop and restart the working on a better date, as well.

At a minimum, you could at least clean his aura and lower chakras, as well as the bladder and ureter directly.

Although the obstruction should get taken care of as soon as possible, follow-up care and recovery can be facilitated by acupuncture. Depending on where you live, there may be clinics that offer this.

Besides alleviating the problem itself (likely damp/phlegm congestion in the kidneys), acupuncture can rebuild his energy to prevent this. Although, it would not change any environmental factors like food.

Oh my, I forgot I even made a thread, plus I didn’t even get a notification for this

Thank you very much for the advice, but I am finding conflicting information here, some say dry food is fine (with enough water of course), some say it isn’t. I guess I’ll do away with dry food completely, to be on the safe side.

His condition has deteriorated to the point where he needs a surgery unfortunately. That is his last hope.

Have you tried "urinary" food? My cats used to have a lot of these issues. I switched to this food and never happened again. I feed them Urinary c/d by Hills. It is a little expensive but totally worth it. But depending on what kind of stones you will need either acidic food or alkaline. If it is alkaline that you need, this will not help.

Larissa666 said:
Oh my, I forgot I even made a thread, plus I didn’t even get a notification for this

Thank you very much for the advice, but I am finding conflicting information here, some say dry food is fine (with enough water of course), some say it isn’t. I guess I’ll do away with dry food completely, to be on the safe side.

His condition has deteriorated to the point where he needs a surgery unfortunately. That is his last hope.

I agree with Blitzkreig's advices. The Catinfo page is very useful. I have gradually reduced the amount of dry food and after a few days I will leave it out completely.

I also bought expensive "urinary dry food" from the vet, as BlackOnyx8 suggests. (Just a different brand.) My cat still had peeing problem afterwards, even though I only gave him a small amount of the special dry food. I think dry food is totally unnecessary.

I don't cook home-cooked meals - maybe I will later - but I found canned rabbit and canned chicken thighs based on Catinfo information.

The date of the operation should preferably not fall on an empty moon.

After the operation, post on the forum how your cat is doing. Hang in there!

Dark Lawyer said:
Larissa666 said:

I agree with Blitzkreig's advices. The Catinfo page is very useful. I have gradually reduced the amount of dry food and after a few days I will leave it out completely.

I also bought expensive "urinary dry food" from the vet, as BlackOnyx8 suggests. (Just a different brand.) My cat still had peeing problem afterwards, even though I only gave him a small amount of the special dry food. I think dry food is totally unnecessary.

I don't cook home-cooked meals - maybe I will later - but I found canned rabbit and canned chicken thighs based on Catinfo information.

The date of the operation should preferably not fall on an empty moon.

After the operation, post on the forum how your cat is doing. Hang in there!

Thank you, I guess I get the message, no more dry food. Although vet said with this surgery, there is virtually no chance for him to get blocked anymore, but still…

I get the astrological timing, but the surgery was matter of life and death and we couldn’t wait anymore.

And yes, the update. We are back at home. He is still under the influence of anesthesia and is sleeping. When we came home, he was restless, wanted to go wherever he wanted, look for place to hide, but I couldn’t allow him to due to two reasons: 1. I have to keep an eye on him, HE MUST NOT lick and pick his wound, otherwise a catastrophe can happen, if he rips off the sutures, everything can come out from inside, which would effectively mean death. Second, he has a catheter in his new opening for a time being, and it’s dripping almost constantly. I cannot allow him to go and drip everywhere. :(

That’s it for now. We are going for IV and checkup tomorrow. I think catheter will be necessary for 2 days.

Larissa666 said:
Thank you, I guess I get the message, no more dry food. Although vet said with this surgery, there is virtually no chance for him to get blocked anymore, but still…

I get the astrological timing, but the surgery was matter of life and death and we couldn’t wait anymore.

And yes, the update. We are back at home. He is still under the influence of anesthesia and is sleeping. When we came home, he was restless, wanted to go wherever he wanted, look for place to hide, but I couldn’t allow him to due to two reasons: 1. I have to keep an eye on him, HE MUST NOT lick and pick his wound, otherwise a catastrophe can happen, if he rips off the sutures, everything can come out from inside, which would effectively mean death. Second, he has a catheter in his new opening for a time being, and it’s dripping almost constantly. I cannot allow him to go and drip everywhere. :(

That’s it for now. We are going for IV and checkup tomorrow. I think catheter will be necessary for 2 days.

Glad the surgery went well!

Dry food can be associated with many other types of health problems, so it is not recommended.

I hope that by now the catheter has been removed. Quick recovery for your cat! :)

Dark Lawyer said:
Larissa666 said:

Glad the surgery went well!

Dry food can be associated with many other types of health problems, so it is not recommended.

I hope that by now the catheter has been removed. Quick recovery for your cat! :)

Oh, it was. Yesterday. I just thought I would be boring people with my regular updates.

Now all that is left is wound healing process. Vet was afraid that kidneys have been maybe damaged irreversibly, lab results weren’t good at all, but everything appears fine right now. He eats, he drinks, and doesn’t vomit anymore. In fact, he just can’t get enough. :lol:

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back