Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

My cat seems off

Greetings Family. I have a 4 year old male cat, and lately he seems apathic. He sighs (I don't know if cats sigh but I swear that's how he looks like) and he generally seems sad.
He does not have any activity, he does not play anymore. All he does is sleep, or curl up in loaf and stare at the distance, or stare out the window. He has a favorite toy that he used to play with for 20-30 minutes continuously :D even when no one else was playing with him but now he barely notices it. Unfortunately I do not own a house with a backyard and he cannot go outside. Is it possible that cats get bored with their monotonous lifestyle and that's why he became depressed?
It is true that I was also busy lately. Could it be that he is feeling lonely? Or that I've abandoned him?
Lately I have been fighting some negative energy and difficult situations and I'm sure he sensed it. Sometimes I had emanated it. Maybe that's why he became isolated? Perhaps that's why he avoids me now. Now he flinches whenever I come close to him although I never hit him and I would never dare to. Is it possible that he may simply not like me :| as a human - my personality I don't know, or that I annoy him with my foolish attempts to connect with him (since I don't really know how to act around him. I try to do something with him but he gets up and leaves. I think I'm not getting my message through to him . He just sits there wondering what I mean, then he gets up and leaves) He doesn't know how to act around me either. Sometimes when each minds their own business and our eyes meet he utters a meow and continues to mind his business. Sometimes when he sees me he poses in front of me and randomly stretches to me. Or sometimes he wants to come to me but midway changes direction and forgets about me.
But we've been living together for almost 4 years now! Shouldn't we know how to act with each other?
Sometimes he comes at me randomly and meows loudly but I don't understand - I give him food, water, treats, I try to pet him but he doesn't let me, I clean his litterbox and still something bothers him
Could it be that he is sick? At the last vet check-up they said he is okay.
Do you think that if I do more activities with him - I saw in other posts that hand-feeding is a good idea, and if I groom him, that he'll get better?
Now he's got a new staring spot. There's a fix spot according to him, on my ceiling, and he sits so much time on furniture and gets as high as to touch the ceiling (he's frustrated he can't get up there) and lashes his tails, and meows at the spot etc. I have helped him several times climb there , he sniffed it but he didn't stop going there.
Could it be that I've sent negative energy to him or said rude things to him (I think they sense the energy even if they don't understand the words)?
He's playing hot and cold with me and I'm confused..
Thank you!
I mean, what do you do with your cats so they are happy and active?

You could try doing the Returning Curses ritual for him. (It has a section at the end for familiars like cats.)

https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Returning_Curses.html

AsraArdwulfLeberecht said:

Yes, try more activities with him. This will tell you whether he is bored or depressed for another reason. You can also get a cat leash if you want to walk him, or something.

You mention attempting to help him when he meows, but you didn't mention that you try to play with him. You also mention that he played on his own before. So he could be getting bored and need either new toys or for you to create games for him.

If this were an energy problem, then clean his aura or you can try to empower him a little. Just be gentle and don't do too much of either at once.

AsraArdwulfLeberecht said:
Greetings Family. I have a 4 year old male cat, and lately he seems apathic. He sighs (I don't know if cats sigh but I swear that's how he looks like) and he generally seems sad.
He does not have any activity, he does not play anymore. All he does is sleep, or curl up in loaf and stare at the distance, or stare out the window. He has a favorite toy that he used to play with for 20-30 minutes continuously :D even when no one else was playing with him but now he barely notices it. Unfortunately I do not own a house with a backyard and he cannot go outside. Is it possible that cats get bored with their monotonous lifestyle and that's why he became depressed?
It is true that I was also busy lately. Could it be that he is feeling lonely? Or that I've abandoned him?
Lately I have been fighting some negative energy and difficult situations and I'm sure he sensed it. Sometimes I had emanated it. Maybe that's why he became isolated? Perhaps that's why he avoids me now. Now he flinches whenever I come close to him although I never hit him and I would never dare to. Is it possible that he may simply not like me :| as a human - my personality I don't know, or that I annoy him with my foolish attempts to connect with him (since I don't really know how to act around him. I try to do something with him but he gets up and leaves. I think I'm not getting my message through to him . He just sits there wondering what I mean, then he gets up and leaves) He doesn't know how to act around me either. Sometimes when each minds their own business and our eyes meet he utters a meow and continues to mind his business. Sometimes when he sees me he poses in front of me and randomly stretches to me. Or sometimes he wants to come to me but midway changes direction and forgets about me.
But we've been living together for almost 4 years now! Shouldn't we know how to act with each other?
Sometimes he comes at me randomly and meows loudly but I don't understand - I give him food, water, treats, I try to pet him but he doesn't let me, I clean his litterbox and still something bothers him
Could it be that he is sick? At the last vet check-up they said he is okay.
Do you think that if I do more activities with him - I saw in other posts that hand-feeding is a good idea, and if I groom him, that he'll get better?
Now he's got a new staring spot. There's a fix spot according to him, on my ceiling, and he sits so much time on furniture and gets as high as to touch the ceiling (he's frustrated he can't get up there) and lashes his tails, and meows at the spot etc. I have helped him several times climb there , he sniffed it but he didn't stop going there.
Could it be that I've sent negative energy to him or said rude things to him (I think they sense the energy even if they don't understand the words)?
He's playing hot and cold with me and I'm confused..
Thank you!
I mean, what do you do with your cats so they are happy and active?

Animals are extremely open and can sense stress and negative emotions in humans that aren't even conscious. They can absorb negativity fairly easy and when they do, one of their ways to close off to it is to either keep to themselves or to do something they think will induce a change in behavior or feeling from you.

Animals can also experience depression and anxiety just like humans as well as grief. If this is the case try to find out why your cat is depressed. Maybe giving him a new toy, treats or new food and changing up his routine throughout the day.

Anxiety can also come from not having his environment be cat friendly to him and a big part of this is being able to have decent spots to sit up top or to hide. If he notices other cats outside he may feel territorial, and for some this can be a constant stimulation of anxiety or irritation.

Does he visit his litter box? Does he urinate/defecate normally?

Also older cats become less active naturally, but your cat is not old, 4 years is not old.

Sudden change of mood in cats is often a symptom of some disease, but not everytime. Please check these things. Does he appear to be in pain? Does he refuse to be petted (some cats don't like petting, but if he used to like being petted but suddenly does not, that can indicate something is wrong). Does he object to being picked up/growling?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, and I really hope that nothing is wrong and that he is just moody.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back