Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Blind Cat

My cat had an accident don't know what, his tail stopped moving the pet doc prescribed pills, now tail is moving but both eyes turned a brown/yellowish colour and he's blind. (He's a really old cat 19-20 yo).
Pet doc said he probably got hit by a car or some similar trauma.
He seems fine (obviously has issues orienting in the space).

Is this one of those cases where he's suffering for no reason?
I'm in no way advanced enough to feel what the cat feels or to ask a Demon about it.

I've been through the dying phase with a dog a couple of yeara ago, he had brain issues in the end and was really bad, I used to stay awake the entire night to stay with him, we decided at the time not to put an "end" to it, but I've never asked about it here.
What should be done in such cases?

PsychicJuggler said:
My cat had an accident don't know what, his tail stopped moving the pet doc prescribed pills, now tail is moving but both eyes turned a brown/yellowish colour and he's blind. (He's a really old cat 19-20 yo).

I'm in no way advanced enough to feel what the cat feels or to ask a Demon about it.

I've been through the dying phase with a dog a couple of yeara ago, he had brain issues in the end and was really bad, I used to stay awake the entire night to stay with him, we decided at the time not to put an "end" to it, but I've never asked about it here.

If the cat is suffering put him/her out shame.
but if is eating fine and still prrrrrrs let him live because it means there is still life in him meaning enjoys it.

Is he eating and purring?
Does he respond to attention as usual or act like he's suffering or in pain?
Pained walking? Yowling or meowing loudly or having accidents?

He eats and purrs.
Only meows loudly if he gets stuck in a place and can't find his way back.
He sleeps a lot more.

PsychicJuggler said:
He eats and purrs.
Only meows loudly if he gets stuck in a place and can't find his way back.
He sleeps a lot more.
That's good, if he doesn't appear to be in pain, I would keep in touch with the veterinarian also.
I've never heard of a cat that old.
I'm sure you've given him a good life!

PsychicJuggler said:

19-20 y.o cat is like 90-90 something year old human, approximately.

What a life! Many cats aren't lucky to live that long.

Since you already said he isn't in pain, if you can spend time with him, even though he's blind, make him know you are still there. He will know you by your scent and be less distressed. Losing sense of sight is always traumatic, but knowing "his good old hooman friend is still there with him" is gonna make him comfortable.

If you can't care for him and give him comfort, I think he is gonna suffer significantly by bumping into things and finding it difficult to orient, might even hurt himself. Especially don't let him out if you have balcony or smth. In fact, don't let him out at all, dangers are everywhere. For a blind cat it's even worse to protect himself.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back