Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cat Overgrooming

gnome

I have a 10 year old cat that over grooms. Occasionally, I find that she has licked areas of her legs to the point that there's no fur there - and in some cases is actually red raw. I also catch her nibbling the same areas so it must be itchy.

A vet saw this and said that it was allergy related and gave her a steroid which helped. However, this is not a long term solution. I've tried so many different brands of food and cutting out all sorts from her environment. I've tried cutting out dried foods entirely, and wet foods, 100% natural foods etc.

It does clear up, but I can't quite put my finger on the root cause. I have another cat the same age and she doesn't have these skin issues.

I'm really not sure what to do and don't like that she must feel so uncomfortable in her our skin. :cry:

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

gnome said:
I have a 10 year old cat that over grooms. Occasionally, I find that she has licked areas of her legs to the point that there's no fur there - and in some cases is actually red raw. I also catch her nibbling the same areas so it must be itchy.

A vet saw this and said that it was allergy related and gave her a steroid which helped. However, this is not a long term solution. I've tried so many different brands of food and cutting out all sorts from her environment. I've tried cutting out dried foods entirely, and wet foods, 100% natural foods etc.

It does clear up, but I can't quite put my finger on the root cause. I have another cat the same age and she doesn't have these skin issues.

I'm really not sure what to do and don't like that she must feel so uncomfortable in her our skin. :cry:

Do a healing work, vibrate thurs 40 times and then say 10 times "(your cat's name) is completely and permanently cured of any and all diseases or allergies that afflict him."

As she been in pain recently? Like loudly meowing. Not moving around much?

I've seen this kind of behavior before.

My suggestion is to get an echocardiogram done, and an ultrasound scan on the legs. Could be a blood clot on the area and the reason it's "itchy" is because the legs are somewhat dormant and in some kind of pain. Probably not a bad one as otherwise the cat would be in severe pain and unable to move. But I would get that checked if I were you ASAP. If that's the case she needs medicine to dissolve the cloth ASAP. Check if the paws are cold or blueish, or if the cat has pain if you (gently) pull her legs. You can also cut a nail (very carefully, don't go too deep, don't do this if you're not confident you can't do it properly) and see if she bleeds. If she doesn't bleed or barely bleeds, it's a problem and she needs a vet prescribed medicine combo. And probably some painkillers. Get that checked as soon as you possibly can, it can be a little expensive. But it might just save her life if that's some sort of heart disease.

You might want to ask the opinion of another veterinary as well.

You will also need high quality dry food with low mineral content as to not overload the kidneys and the heart.

Melvin said:
gnome said:

Do a healing work, vibrate thurs 40 times and then say 10 times "(your cat's name) is completely and permanently cured of any and all diseases or allergies that afflict him."

I'll give this a try, thanks. I've done some healing work on her before, it does work but doesn't seem to last

BlackOnyx8 said:
As she been in pain recently? Like loudly meowing. Not moving around much?

I've seen this kind of behavior before.

My suggestion is to get an echocardiogram done, and an ultrasound scan on the legs. Could be a blood clot on the area and the reason it's "itchy" is because the legs are somewhat dormant and in some kind of pain. Probably not a bad one as otherwise the cat would be in severe pain and unable to move. But I would get that checked if I were you ASAP. If that's the case she needs medicine to dissolve the cloth ASAP. Check if the paws are cold or blueish, or if the cat has pain if you (gently) pull her legs. You can also cut a nail (very carefully, don't go too deep, don't do this if you're not confident you can't do it properly) and see if she bleeds. If she doesn't bleed or barely bleeds, it's a problem and she needs a vet prescribed medicine combo. And probably some painkillers. Get that checked as soon as you possibly can, it can be a little expensive. But it might just save her life if that's some sort of heart disease.

You might want to ask the opinion of another veterinary as well.

You will also need high quality dry food with low mineral content as to not overload the kidneys and the heart.

Yeah I've wondered if it's pain related prior, but the licking occurs on different legs as well. It's never in the same place. She's quite a happy cat and is quite active/doesn't appear to be in any pain. She had a heart scan prior and was found, to have a low grade heart arrhythmia, which I was told is common and wouldn't cause any problems. Paws are warm. Other than the skin issues, she seems like a healthy cat. I've also wondered if it could be stress related but even the most majestic treatment does not resolve it 👑

I'm back to trying different food again now and I'll see how it goes. I already spend a small fortune on high quality food but I never know if it's actually doing any good, especially if it doesn't clear up her skin.

Failing that I'll have to take her to another vet. They seem a bit dumbfounded by it to be honest and suggest allergy tests that are limited and advise the most effective way to find allergies in cats is through trial and error.

gnome said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

If you pull her legs does she meow at you?

Make some pressure with your fingers on the area and see if there's something underneath the skin. Like swelling or something. Do this slowly and gently.

Arrhythmia is definitely not normal, unless she's the kind of cat that gets super stressed out at the vet. At home it should be at normal levels. Measure it at home when she's sleeping.

Definitely get her checked by other veterinary as soon as you can. Arrhythmia may be an early sign of HCM.

You might also want to check the SS calendar and start a healing working asap. If it's some chronic disease could take a long while to clear but have faith in your healing ability and keep doing it until it's all clear and then some more. Never doubt the efficiency of the working.
Don't direct the energy towards the skin issue, but rather her overall health. As you don't know exactly what's happening.

Ive found Sanskrit mantras for healing to be much stronger than Runes.

Cleanse your aura and chakras
Cleanse the cat
(Do RC1 both on you and the cat)

And then the RC2 modified to healing purposes:

Breathe in energy from the Sun,
Vibrate SURYA on the exhale,
Exhale the energy into her through your hand chakras.
x111

Program in multiples of 9.

There are probably other Sanskrit mantras for healing, but SURYA works pretty good.

This method only works if you are experienced with moving energy around, in and out of your body. Otherwise just vibrate whatever you find better, visualize and program through affirmation.

Good luck

BlackOnyx8 said:
gnome said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

If you pull her legs does she meow at you?

Make some pressure with your fingers on the area and see if there's something underneath the skin. Like swelling or something. Do this slowly and gently.

Arrhythmia is definitely not normal, unless she's the kind of cat that gets super stressed out at the vet. At home it should be at normal levels. Measure it at home when she's sleeping.

Definitely get her checked by other veterinary as soon as you can. Arrhythmia may be an early sign of HCM.

You might also want to check the SS calendar and start a healing working asap. If it's some chronic disease could take a long while to clear but have faith in your healing ability and keep doing it until it's all clear and then some more. Never doubt the efficiency of the working.
Don't direct the energy towards the skin issue, but rather her overall health. As you don't know exactly what's happening.

She's so vocal all the time, even if I look at her she will meow haha. Only thing I can feel on the sore bits is bumps/scabs where she has nibbled.

Ok so I just tried the leg pulling thing and she just looked at me like 'what are you doing to my legs' and now giving me a sideways glance like I've lost the plot. No unusual behaviour there :) still purring thoughout.

Yes she is the sort of cat to get stressed when visiting the vets and a second vet suggested this was the cause.

It's really frustrating that I can't find the cause of the skin issues. I'll arrange another trip to a vet but really not feeling optimistic. They will probably just tell me to change her diet and give more steroids.

BlackOnyx8 said:
Ive found Sanskrit mantras for healing to be much stronger than Runes.

Cleanse your aura and chakras
Cleanse the cat
(Do RC1 both on you and the cat)

And then the RC2 modified to healing purposes:

Breathe in energy from the Sun,
Vibrate SURYA on the exhale,
Exhale the energy into her through your hand chakras.
x111

Program in multiples of 9.

There are probably other Sanskrit mantras for healing, but SURYA works pretty good.

This method only works if you are experienced with moving energy around, in and out of your body. Otherwise just vibrate whatever you find better, visualize and program through affirmation.

Good luck

I can do this. Yes I have been directing energy for many years now.

The challenge however will be keeping her still whilst I'm vibrating runes. Both of my cats always seem to want to leave me when I'm meditating or doing a working. I appreciate that, of course!

Let me take the advice given so far and I'll post an update within a week or two. Her skin usually recovers quite quickly once she stops over grooming/nibbling.

Thanks by the way

My previous cat would lick her belly raw with hot spots this after she was attacked by dogs and it continued for years later.

Finally, when I started her on CBD tincture it stopped.

You can also try Jackson Galaxies products such as this one:

https://shop.jacksongalaxy.com/products/obsession-solution?variant=31572444741667

Have a nice day :)

of the true light said:
My previous cat would lick her belly raw with hot spots this after she was attacked by dogs and it continued for years later.

https://shop.jacksongalaxy.com/products/obsession-solution?variant=31572444741667

Thanks, ill check these out

Update: my cat is starting to get better. She still licks the previous spots but starting to see fur grow now.

Will continue and hopefully she'll be fully healed soon!

gnome said:
of the true light said:

Thanks, ill check these out

You are welcome dear gnome.

Her hots pots were either psychological or had to do with her endocrine system I do believe.

Either way CBD knocked those hot spots out.

I had been searching so long for a cure and had tried so much.

CBD was the answer.

I learned about it after watching a docu about it being given to depressed tiger in captivity.

Oh yes,

Glad to hear your furry friend is getting better!

gnome said:
Melvin said:
gnome said:

I'll give this a try, thanks. I've done some healing work on her before, it does work but doesn't seem to last
This is because not everyone has enough energy to make the spell permanent. Healing workings take a lot of energy. You have to go for higher reps and for more than 40 days (if you see the cat is not fully healed).

luis said:
This is because not everyone has enough energy to make the spell permanent. Healing workings take a lot of energy. You have to go for higher reps and for more than 40 days (if you see the cat is not fully healed).

Thanks Luis, I had a feeling this might be the case. I have caught her doing it again.

I looked into CBD oil too and ended up finding an essential oil diffuser for pets. After two days my cat has become very calm - she usually fights a lot with my other cat, but not now. Hoping this will also ease perhaps any feelings of anxiety she may have.

She used to be quite attached to me, and was pretty p*ssed when we got a second cat a few years ago. I think as we now have children she must feel so anxious... Almost feel like I've failed her.

Spending $$$ on expensive cat food and vet trips hasn't helped so hoping CBD and the oil diffuser works. If not, I'll approach more heavily from a spiritual perspective.

gnome said:
luis said:

Thanks Luis, I had a feeling this might be the case. I have caught her doing it again.

I looked into CBD oil too and ended up finding an essential oil diffuser for pets. After two days my cat has become very calm - she usually fights a lot with my other cat, but not now. Hoping this will also ease perhaps any feelings of anxiety she may have.

She used to be quite attached to me, and was pretty p*ssed when we got a second cat a few years ago. I think as we now have children she must feel so anxious... Almost feel like I've failed her.

Spending $$$ on expensive cat food and vet trips hasn't helped so hoping CBD and the oil diffuser works. If not, I'll approach more heavily from a spiritual perspective.
Definitely try more with spiritual methods. You finding about the oil may be a manifestation of the spell you did. There are some people who specilize on teaching cats how to behave, maybe you can find someone to talk to?

gnome said:
luis said:

My cat used to overgroom when was stressed. He had started to overgroom to the point I could see the skin. I had used some oils and ointments but he was starting all over again.
After I started trying to calm him down, giving a lot of attention and pets for a long time period then he stopped doing so. And after this, this became his first reaction when something stressed him.
So I guess that if you give you cat more attention it could help.

Maya said:
My cat used to overgroom when was stressed. He had started to overgroom to the point I could see the skin. I had used some oils and ointments but he was starting all over again.
After I started trying to calm him down, giving a lot of attention and pets for a long time period then he stopped doing so. And after this, this became his first reaction when something stressed him.
So I guess that if you give you cat more attention it could help.

I think you are right. She has been overly clingy and I can't give her the amount of attention she had when she was a younger cat.

Her coat is looking good again now, I think the diffuser is working well. She's also a lot more chilled out, making appearances when she wouldn't have previously. It's nice to see her again actually! At first I thought she was unwell as she was just lying down relaxed in quite a busy room when we had guests over. But no, she seems very happy.

I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Thanks all

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back