Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Frogs as Familiars

Sundara

Frogs were sacred in many ancient cultures and a part of the ogdoad, a system of 8 gods and goddesses, 4 masculine and 4 feminine. Males having been depicted with a frog head, females with a serpent head. It tells an allegory of creation and primarily relates to infinite consciousness and the primordial waters. Frogs are a “bridge between realms” being amphibious and such. Their calls have a special vibration about them. I really feel them when they do their calls and they’re beautiful. The most traditional call is the chorus frog call, the classic ribbet ribbet. I really like leopard frog calls. They sound like a cat purr.

Frogs are easy and inexpensive to care for. If you can find a frog native to your region, you will not need to have any humidifiers. Potentially no heat lamps either, if your house or apt is temp regulated and on the warm side.

Frogs make fantastic familiars due to how communicative they are. They may be a good beginners familiar. They will begin to purr or ribbet in the presence of the Gods. Especially Satan. One type of frog I’ve got, he is very high strung. He will relax and let me hold him when the gods are present and the energy is strong, or if my energies are high and calm. The way they respond to different energies is often really clear and accurate, their behaviors are pretty stable and predictable too. So, when it changes, it’s noticeable. They remind me of little dogs. Something in their eyes and expression. Many will get use to you after a while, and appear to enjoy being held in order to climb. They don’t demand a lot of attention and “experts” say they can be housed alone, but I don’t like this. I think they get depressed and lonely, especially if there isn’t an opposite gender around. I had a pair of tree frogs, one lost her partner who she would occasionally sleep next to. She changed after that, she started burrowing and stopped eating. Even when it doesn’t appear that they’re social animals, I know are. Frogs go best in pairs or in large groups, it’s they’re nature and they chirp more often that way. The happier they are, the better familiars they become. Some frogs live up to 20 years, some just a couple of years.

They haven’t warned me of any attacks or negative energies. The only thing I can say for that is they will not chirp in the presence of anything negative, but they don’t chirp most of the time. My dog has been the best at warning of attacks.

That’s just my experience with frogs as familiars, I’d highly recommend them. Of course if you get a familiar of any type, you’d form your own relationship and learn their behaviors on your own. May be completely different from what was written here.

Also, if you decide on a frog as a beloved friend, please make sure to rinse your hands thoroughly just before holding them. Salt is really irritating to their skin. Lotions and other chems too. You can sanitize your hands before you hold them too, but rinse once you’ve sanitized. Don’t sanitize and hold directly after.

Frogs can get sick easily from an improper diet or a sick cricket. Having a good diet will keep cricket borne illness away. Dust crickets in a vitamin powder and put a little vitamin juice in their water. I always put a tiny drop of organic antifungal in their water too.

I wonder if you can give a frog CBD?

For your high strung little friend I mean.

My last cat was real high strung too and CBD healed her.

Be careful putting them together. Most kinds of frogs are cannibals if they get the chance. A group of 25 frogs can turn into just 3 or 4 real big ones.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Be careful putting them together. Most kinds of frogs are cannibals if they get the chance. A group of 25 frogs can turn into just 3 or 4 real big ones.

That too, housing different frog breeds together or just frogs that differ too much in size, they’ll become food.

Some larger frogs may even try to eat your fingers.

Neat! I'm a serpent lover, although I have considered frogs as a natural extension of reptile keeping. :D

My major concern with toads and frogs would be noise, as I live in an apartment. Not really a worry with my snakes though. They're pretty much the perfect apartment pet in my opinion. "That damn snake kept me up all night with its barking.", said no one ever. :lol:

bluedragon666 said:
My major concern with toads and frogs would be noise, as I live in an apartment. Not really a worry with my snakes though. They're pretty much the perfect apartment pet in my opinion. "That damn snake kept me up all night with its barking.", said no one ever. :lol:

If it helps any, the frogs I have right now literally only croak when one of the Gods is present. Most I’ve had don’t croak often. Some only during breeding season. They aren’t very loud either.

The chorus frogs I had, bah, they did keep me up here and there. Felt like I was in a forest.

of the true light said:

Nah, frogs have very few medications they can take and they don’t need anything like that. The high strung behavior is just how this particular type of frog is.

of the true light said:
Sundara said:
of the true light said:
Nah, frogs have very few medications they can take and they don’t need anything like that. The high strung behavior is just how this particular type of frog is.
Oh, alright.

Lol, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try. Frogs have struggles. I do wonder if cbd would be good for them when they’re passing. Their deaths don’t seem painless. Bit of an ignorant responder here.

My frogs have passed since this was posted. Sucks when they die, always unexpected.

I am honestly wondering if I have bugs as familiars. Time after time there is always one near me or making a point to fly on or near me and oftentimes when it is out of place. For example, a diurnal insect will find its way to me during the night. I think this was a locust or a grasshopper and he was huge. I was on a date last week during the night and as we sat I saw a shadow until I shined a light....he was the only critter sitting there and I got a vibe as if he was watching. He flew away briefly and landed on the floor near me and even let me pick him up and crawled in my hand. The girl was freaked out thinking I was going to throw him on her and she often playfully teased me about how I had every insect number on speed dial. She saw too that they made a point to come to me. At work, it happens a lot and the above examples with diurnal insects making their way to me at night like bees wasps and Asian beetles have also happened many times. I was just explaining to a coworker some weeks ago about this and how bugs seem to always want to be near me and as I mentioned it a grasshopper flew to and landed on my chest. "See?" I said.

And yes it's been summertime, but this has been going on throughout since I've become SS, as I noticed this too once or twice before coming back to the States. I was outside meditating one time and I was randomly thinking of a dragonfly and a ladybug, and 10 seconds later one of each literally landed right in front of me.

Plus despite there being many people around bugs in my environment I always am the person whose space they make their way to almost, and I do not smell in any bad way in particular or have any food in my workspace. I have had some funny and similar experiences with pigeons and doves but I have also come to really like bugs. I often take their pictures and won't kill anything unless its parasitic or bites me first.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back