Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I don't know what to do with my cat

Endora

Hi brothers and sisters.
I have a 5 months old kitten, he's my first cat and he was abandoned by his mom when I was 1 month old, so he didn't learn some behaviours.
I love him a lot and I could never leave him or harm him but he's the most aggressive cat I have ever seen.
He bites me for no reason, hard enough to draw blood, he scratches me and he runs around like crazy.
I brought him a lot of toys, I ignored him, I scolded him, I followed all the advices in the world but he doesn't understand, my mom is getting more and more pissed off and I don't know what to do. Maybe he just dislikes me...

Watch the show called My Cat From Hell. It is all about these kind of problems. Usually the cat is not mean, he is just uncomfortable. Then when they have the cat be comfortable, he becomes more friendly.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Watch the show called My Cat From Hell. It is all about these kind of problems. Usually the cat is not mean, he is just uncomfortable. Then when they have the cat be comfortable, he becomes more friendly.
I know the show but I never watched it. I'll check it out. Thank you for your reply

of the true light said:
No sense in scolding him it doesn't work anyway.
Yeah i know, I felt bad when I scolded him, I just didn't know what to do...

There is a toy that is like a stick with string on one end, and feathers on the string. So you can swing it around, and he will hunt the feathers. I think you should get something like this, and play with him. He has a lot of energy, and he wants to hunt. When he is tired after playing, he will be nicer.

Endora said:
Hi brothers and sisters.
I have a 5 months old kitten, he's my first cat and he was abandoned by his mom when I was 1 month old, so he didn't learn some behaviours.
I love him a lot and I could never leave him or harm him but he's the most aggressive cat I have ever seen.
He bites me for no reason, hard enough to draw blood, he scratches me and he runs around like crazy.
I brought him a lot of toys, I ignored him, I scolded him, I followed all the advices in the world but he doesn't understand, my mom is getting more and more pissed off and I don't know what to do. Maybe he just dislikes me...

I would guess the majority of that is due to him having too much energy, not enough play. Don't use your hand in play, but even if you don't, he may get so wound up he just attacks you anyway. Judge his behavior after a good play session. Does he still bite and scratch?

There is not a good way around this, he will likely need 15-30 minutes of play per day. Try and find some toys that he can use when you are absent as well. Additionally, I would highly recommend a play feeder. Start with an easy one and work your way up. Play feeders are great for managing all sorts of conditions, and really should be the standard for pets, as dogs/cats naturally work for their food.

Blitzkreig said:
Endora said:
Hi brothers and sisters.

I would guess the majority of that is due to him having too much energy, not enough play. Don't use your hand in play, but even if you don't, he may get so wound up he just attacks you anyway. Judge his behavior after a good play session. Does he still bite and scratch?

There is not a good way around this, he will likely need 15-30 minutes of play per day. Try and find some toys that he can use when you are absent as well. Additionally, I would highly recommend a play feeder. Start with an easy one and work your way up. Play feeders are great for managing all sorts of conditions, and really should be the standard for pets, as dogs/cats naturally work for their food.
HELLO ! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS YOU MUST TAKE A MACHINE FROM A PET SHOP THAT EXALTS FEROMONE TO CALM IT DOWN I DID THE SAME AND NOW MY AMANDA IS A BEAUTIFUL CALM CAT. I FOUND HER WHEN SHE WAS ONLY 1 MONTH OLD AS MY VETERINARY SAID. DONT WORRY THINGS WILL CHANGE VERY SOON!

as mentioned above your kitty needs some dedicated play time, but a warning on that is to be careful with how rough you play with kitty as how you play now in that regard is how your kitty is going to think play time is for years to come. with playing they don't quite grasp the getting bigger means they can do more damage with less effort very well.
another thing you can try in addition is when you get bit let out a yelp and act like it hurts if it doesn't, if it does swat back a little bit like another cat would.

cat spirit said:
Blitzkreig said:
Endora said:
Hi brothers and sisters.

HELLO ! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS YOU MUST TAKE A MACHINE FROM A PET SHOP THAT EXALTS FEROMONE TO CALM IT DOWN I DID THE SAME AND NOW MY AMANDA IS A BEAUTIFUL CALM CAT. I FOUND HER WHEN SHE WAS ONLY 1 MONTH OLD AS MY VETERINARY SAID. DONT WORRY THINGS WILL CHANGE VERY SOON!

I bet this will work, it sounds like a hormonal problem, hope you figure something out that helps

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back