Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

My Dog won’t stop scratching!

Theserpentrises1666

My poor dog has been scratching herself alot lately and Idk why!? I took her a bath yesterday because I thought it was just fleas and I use flea shampoo on her but she still scratching herself all day again. I’m worried about her because I noticed she has patches of bald spots on her body now too and this never happened before until recently. Does anyone know what it could be? What can I do to help heal her and give her relief guys?

Where exactly is she scratching? One area?

Did you inspect close enough to see what else it could be?

Mine was doing that and had allergies.. they said she was allergic to fleas but didn’t hav any on her and just being around them made her scratch

HPS Shannon said:
Where exactly is she scratching? One area?

Did you inspect close enough to see what else it could be?

She does the back legs and scratches like her mid and stomach area. I inspected the other day her body and noticed spots where hair is missing and looked behind her ears after I saw her shaking her head. My dogs coat is black so I couldn’t see any fleas. I thought she had dry skin or fleas but idk.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Might be from her food. Did you start feeding her something different?
Just the dog food I been giving her but my mom gives our dogs regular food too sometimes.

Hailsatan993 said:
Mine was doing that and had allergies.. they said she was allergic to fleas but didn’t hav any on her and just being around them made her scratch

Our other dog has fleas and always scratching first so maybe she gave them to mine but Idk Bc I use dog shampoo with flea medicine in it and she has a flea collar on. Also it may be allergies cuz I think my sister use to give my dog kids Benadryl for allergies or some reason. (It was her dog before she left it with us)

Theserpentrises1666 said:
Hailsatan993 said:

Our other dog has fleas and always scratching first so maybe she gave them to mine but Idk Bc I use dog shampoo with flea medicine in it and she has a flea collar on. Also it may be allergies cuz I think my sister use to give my dog kids Benadryl for allergies or some reason. (It was her dog before she left it with us)

Allergies relate to lung qi defiency. The lung's regulate water metabolism and manifest in the skin. Dry skin can therefore mean dry lungs. How does the dog act? Did it sniffle, sneeze, cough, etc, lately?

Additionally, dehydration can result in a histamine response, so make sure the dog is hydrated enough. Dry food is particularly drying to animals, so I would suggest wet food or mixing water into the dry food.

What food does your mom give her? I wouldn't feed your dog human food, because processed human food could result in allergic reactions in the body. Not like sneezing, but inflammation and what not. Besides that, it is important to control your dogs food for cases like this. Don't just feed them anything. An allergic reaction to a food item could manifest as an inflamed part of her skin that she scratches.

Additionally, you should get some lotion or something to apply to her. This would give her some immediate relief. If it isn't fleas, then it must be dry/inflamed skin. I wouldn't bathe her anymore or use soap unless you have to, as this would strip her skin's oils away.

Does she get outside enough? This would help her lungs. The sunlight would benefit her mood and well-being as well.

Blitzkreig said:
Theserpentrises1666 said:
Hailsatan993 said:

Allergies relate to lung qi defiency. The lung's regulate water metabolism and manifest in the skin. Dry skin can therefore mean dry lungs. How does the dog act? Did it sniffle, sneeze, cough, etc, lately?

Additionally, dehydration can result in a histamine response, so make sure the dog is hydrated enough. Dry food is particularly drying to animals, so I would suggest wet food or mixing water into the dry food.

What food does your mom give her? I wouldn't feed your dog human food, because processed human food could result in allergic reactions in the body. Not like sneezing, but inflammation and what not. Besides that, it is important to control your dogs food for cases like this. Don't just feed them anything. An allergic reaction to a food item could manifest as an inflamed part of her skin that she scratches.

Additionally, you should get some lotion or something to apply to her. This would give her some immediate relief. If it isn't fleas, then it must be dry/inflamed skin. I wouldn't bathe her anymore or use soap unless you have to, as this would strip her skin's oils away.

Does she get outside enough? This would help her lungs. The sunlight would benefit her mood and well-being as well.

Yea the dogs gets like whatever is left over if it’s chicken, rib bones, chicken bones,Etc. I tell my mom not to feed her that shit but she does it under my nose still.

I had been feeding her a different dog food and it was like dehydrated lamb so that could be dehydrating her as long as the heat.

But I’ll pour water in the dog bowls and she won’t drink it right away till after it frustrates me Lol cuz like I call her to drink sum water and she won’t come even when she panting. I see she drinks water tho I think she just doesn’t like to do it when I’m standing by the water bowl or something. I even put a lil ice cube or 2.

And yea our dogs are mostly outside in the sun I let them in when it’s a real hot day tho. Then let them out back after a few hours to pee and stuff then let them back in. And repeat. They’re outside dogs mainly my mom likes them to bark like home security.

Maybe she doesn't want to drink water out of the bowl because she isn't sure what it is. I've seen dogs that didn't want to drink, but if I pour some water on the ground from a cup, they come and try to drink it as it is falling. Then put the bowl of water, and they come drink it.

I was told by my vet office it's usually caused by certain weed pollens. You need to definitely pay attention if your dogs are gnawing or licking certain areas. These can turn into sores and then knots. The fur will look more brown from their saliva in these spots. They are most likely to gnaw on their legs and feet. Put a cone of shame on them if it gets to this point.

Try changing shampoos to see if that helps. Some dogs don't respond to tic and flea shampoos or other preventatives. I'm not sure what your budget it is but I've seen results with this brand https://www.chewy.com/only-natural-...4584688611894831&utm_content=Only Natural Pet

Get in the habit of just always having water in their bowls they will drink it when they need to.

If you end up taking them to the vet don't buy the meds from there as they can be very expensive. You can more than likely find the same medicine online for much cheaper.

ModernMage said:
I was told by my vet office it's usually caused by certain weed pollens. You need to definitely pay attention if your dogs are gnawing or licking certain areas. These can turn into sores and then knots. The fur will look more brown from their saliva in these spots. They are most likely to gnaw on their legs and feet. Put a cone of shame on them if it gets to this point.

If you end up taking them to the vet don't buy the meds from there as they can be very expensive. You can more than likely find the same medicine online for much cheaper.

I think it may very well be something from outside. I noticed the skin in my dogs ears looked dry also, idk what to do tho.

I don’t think my mom will wanna take her to the vet she took our last dog to the vet and gave him the pills they prescribed and she thinks that’s what killed him. I don’t have the money for a vet atm either.

I will definitely try to get that shampoo tho after we get the new dog food coming in.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back