Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cat shedding

What kind of cat is it? Some are supposed to shed a lot and some barely do at all. I hope it's a kind that is supposed to and this is normal. :D
You can brush it's fur more often so all the hair goes into the brush instead of all over the house.

You know I couldn't tell you what kind they are and every one of them has different types of fur our long hair cat barely sheds our shortest hair cat sheds like crazy. I have nine right now and I'm hoping to find homes for three male kittens so it's a little nuts. I'll try the brushing more often thank you so much I didnt even think of that in all my chaos.

Ravenignis666 said:
You know I couldn't tell you what kind they are and every one of them has different types of fur our long hair cat barely sheds our shortest hair cat sheds like crazy. I have nine right now and I'm hoping to find homes for three male kittens so it's a little nuts. I'll try the brushing more often thank you so much I didnt even think of that in all my chaos.

Its definitely natural for your pet to shed but sometimes excess or "over" shedding is a sign of an issue. Do your pets seem sick or distressed in anyway?

Aside form that, brushing is your best bet so as to collect the hair. For my cats, I use "Pet Zoom" They have brushes the collect the hair instantly after brushing and its very easy to clean.

Diet is connected to healthy hair and shedding as well.

Ravenignis666 said:
Is there anyway to minimize shedding weather its diet or what could be put on their coat?

Shedding is just the natural side-affect of owning a cat most of the time, I know that for a fact. You could always try a bristle brush for short-hairs and though it's highly unlikely I will inform anyway that you obviously shouldn't be giving your cat any baths whatsoever unless truly necessary. Frequent baths with any shampoo product, even for pets, can wear down their fur and actually damage their coat.

If your cat is shedding far too much, then a vet checkup is probably called for just to make certain; it's not something to panic about though as some cats just shed more than others. However I recommend trying to do your own research as well and try simple things such as regular brushing before you decide to spend money on checkups.

HPS Shannon said:
Ravenignis666 said:

Its definitely natural for your pet to shed but sometimes excess or "over" shedding is a sign of an issue. Do your pets seem sick or distressed in anyway?

Aside form that, brushing is your best bet so as to collect the hair. For my cats, I use "Pet Zoom" They have brushes the collect the hair instantly after brushing and its very easy to clean.

They all seem pretty happy and healthy active loving playful little cats. I guess I was a bit concerned because some shed more than others but doesnt seem like so much so that it seems to be a health issue their costs are all nice shiny and soft . I will just try brushing them more and if it gets worse I will figure out what to change in their diet they eat free range chicken with baby food and their dry food mixed in with that . I know I need to find a better quality dry food though. Thank you HPS Shannon

Ravenignis666 said:
HPS Shannon said:
Ravenignis666 said:

They all seem pretty happy and healthy active loving playful little cats. I guess I was a bit concerned because some shed more than others but doesnt seem like so much so that it seems to be a health issue their costs are all nice shiny and soft . I will just try brushing them more and if it gets worse I will figure out what to change in their diet they eat free range chicken with baby food and their dry food mixed in with that . I know I need to find a better quality dry food though. Thank you HPS Shannon

What you are feeding them so far sounds very good.

Sometimes I think they eat better than I do I'll work on getting something to brush him out better and research more dry foods. are the mits good?

Ravenignis666 said:
Sometimes I think they eat better than I do I'll work on getting something to brush him out better and research more dry foods. are the mits good?

Sorry for the late response. The mitts are good. I use a specially designed brush though.

I just wanted to make an update the poor little cats have worms but havent shown any signs other than the shedding so hopefully it wont be too bad on them. Started giving them DE 2 times a day as of last Friday and added it to their littler box so hoping that will rid them all of that. Thank you all for your time.

Ravenignis666 said:
I just wanted to make an update the poor little cats have worms but havent shown any signs other than the shedding so hopefully it wont be too bad on them. Started giving them DE 2 times a day as of last Friday and added it to their littler box so hoping that will rid them all of that. Thank you all for your time.

Thank you for letting us know. DE is pretty effective for worms. lets us know how it goes and how long it takes.

HPS Shannon said:
Ravenignis666 said:

Thank you for letting us know. DE is pretty effective for worms. lets us know how it goes and how long it takes.

Unfortunately for my little fur babies it did not produce the desired effect I gave it to them twice a day in their food I tried both wet for the first month the dry mixed in their food for over another month i was hoping that it would do the job i did not want to get them the harsh chemicals to rid them of it.

It did work well on fleas put it on once a week and as long as they dont get wet it's perfect and it also keeping their little box from odors.

Hail father Satan

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back