Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tarot Clarification please

Captain666

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

My wife and I have been in the occult for many many years, and are pretty adept at Magick. I personally came across the JoS site and then shared it with her because unlike most people we aren’t afraid to explore and are constantly learning. We do find the site interesting enough to continue reading it and beginning the exercises. That being as it may, there’s one thing neither of us can quite get our heads around concerning the origin of Tarot. My wife is an expert tarot reader and certainly not like one you might find at some fairground or Halloween party. She is very good at what she does and it includes research into the history of the cards.

Accordingly, there is an explanation in the Jos that the Tarot came from ancient Egypt and while this has been a theory propounded by many, there are experrts that now agree they are European and came about around the 1400’s AD. Logically, when I think about it myself, I simply can’t imagine Tarot Cards being used 4000 BCE, especially considering that papyrus was the stock used and fairly difficult to come by. The only thing I can think of is this has to have been in some other form other than what we know today although I can’t figure out what. Stones? Blocks of wood? Perhaps Papyrus? Something else I’m not aware of?

We test everything and while we love the site and these old dogs are learning new tricks (as we are older than most and not kids or even close to young adults and do have some wisdom we have gained) we are hoping that one of the more knowledgable of the group can give us a much better and hopefully detailed explanation of how the writers of the site (whom we are guessing is Maxine) can explain the Egypt question concerning this. We simply are not finding evidence ourselves and would like a better explanation. The only other thing we can think of is maybe its symbolic or metaphorical, as in you’ve said it relates to the word Torah. But there seems to be more to this than what is being said on the site’s pages or perhaps we haven’t discovered it there yet.

Where is the evidence it came from Egypt? Do you have links that are credible? We are willing to learn but this seems to be a bit of a stumbling block for us and if everything you say is true, then you should he able to outline all of this for us and not just say “well, Satan and his demons said so”. That would be almost as bad as Joseph Smith saying “hey, I’ve got these golden plates an angel gave me” and not really being able to produce either.

Thank you for your time. We are simply trying to learn. We await your expert reply.

Basically the Tarot were playing cards in ancient Egypt and India even. But they were in another form than from what we see today of course.

Other than that the Tarot (The Major Arcana) holds the process to Godhood just like other Legends show the path to Godhood like ancient Norse mythology. But with the Tarot it starts with the Fool who symbolizes the uninitiated but interested Mage. Where we take a risk to embark on the journey of advancement. Then the fool becomes the Mage (The Magician card) after mastering the Occult, the power of the will and the elements. These are occult messages that only people familiar with the advancement path and the path to Godhood could understand. All the way to the World card which show the completed project of the soul. Immortality, Godhood, wisdom and Eternal.

Other than the Tarot being mainly used in divination it contains powerful messages to advancement. This is most likely what Egypt was more about rather than Divination. But of course it could've been used for divination. But just in a different form than what our modern cards look like.

Hope I helped.

Hail Satan!!

mercury_wisdom said:
Basically the Tarot were playing cards in ancient Egypt and India even. But they were in another form than from what we see today of course.

Other than that the Tarot (The Major Arcana) holds the process to Godhood just like other Legends show the path to Godhood like ancient Norse mythology. But with the Tarot it starts with the Fool who symbolizes the uninitiated but interested Mage. Where we take a risk to embark on the journey of advancement. Then the fool becomes the Mage (The Magician card) after mastering the Occult, the power of the will and the elements. These are occult messages that only people familiar with the advancement path and the path to Godhood could understand. All the way to the World card which show the completed project of the soul. Immortality, Godhood, wisdom and Eternal.

Other than the Tarot being mainly used in divination it contains powerful messages to advancement. This is most likely what Egypt was more about rather than Divination. But of course it could've been used for divination. But just in a different form than what our modern cards look like.

Hope I helped.

Hail Satan!!

Yes I think the idea of cards is actually from the 1400’s, but the path and what they do is something else and goes back to Egypt. The ways it’s written on the site is unclear and that’s what I was trying to satisfy my understanding of. I’d say I’m good with the answers offered.

thebigcheesesixmillion said:
Did you just liken tarot cards to Mormonism?

Just try them out

I’ve been using them successfully for decades from before I was pubescent. I also use Lenormand Cards which I find to be even better and Kipper Cards which are an interesting take on things and also highly accurate.

I would suggest you re-read what I said about Joseph Smith. All I was asking for was proof of the Egypt connection and not to just take someone’s word for it. Or perhaps you just like to troll people

thebigcheesesixmillion said:
Did you just liken tarot cards to Mormonism?

Just try them out
Why do you have to be hostile to others for asking questions? It's only natural. What if the Gods did the same when we ask them questions? You have to have patience and a little common sense. We've all been in similar situations.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back