Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Nigerian made sports car

Cowboy123

https://thisisafrica.me/africans-rising/jerry-isaac-mallo-unveils-nigerias-first-carbon-fiber-sports-car/

The ‘Bennie Purrie’ is Nigeria’s first locally manufactured carbon fibre sports car. The novelty vehicle was produced and unveiled by 25-year-old Nigerian Fabrication Engineer and CEO of Bennie Technologies Ltd, Jerry Isaac Mallo.

The Plateau State born engineer launched his latest innovation at Transcorp Hilton in Abuja. The carbon fibre that is the cars main component gives it an impressive strength-to-weight ratio, is five times lighter and 10 times stronger than typical steel. In fact, Formula One race cars are all carbon fibre, something that is a safety, not performance, regulation. The car will therefore protect its occupants while maintaining a relatively higher speed than most cars.

Speaking on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily Mallo said he was inspired to create the Bennie Purrie because Nigeria and Africa as a whole has a large market for luxury vehicles.

“Nigeria is a very big market for luxury vehicles. I got that exposure when I was in Europe, we learnt that making the car is just half of the challenge, and selling it is the other half; Africa is usually is the target place to sell these vehicles, so I feel there’s a big market for it here,” Mallo stated.

Read: First South African innovation wins the Africa Prize for Engineering Innovation

“Another reason is we have every resource; we have every material used in manufacturing these products but is not made here. Why? It means there is a need for us to process these raw materials into finished goods.”

Adding onto the plethora of reasons why locally manufactured goods are the way forward, he said, “We have a lot of hand-skilled individuals in Nigeria and they are laying wasted… So, I saw it as a challenge… do something practical inclined that will also be a platform for others… to make a living out of it.”

Commenting on the safety feature of the material Mallo explained that most people get crushed and mashed in cars because those cars are made from aluminium or galvanized sheets that cannot absorb shocks at high speed. The vehicle also has a great cooling system, with four radiators to ensure it remains cool inside regardless of the temperature.

In terms of speed this first model goes from 0 to 120 in 12 seconds and has a 2.0 litre engine which produces about 130 horsepower.

Mallo, is however determined to improve of the first model and hopes to do so with proper funding, so that he and his team can ultimately manufacture standardised vehicles for general consumption.

Video on it
https://youtu.be/Le_F-2x75nM

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back