Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

What's Currently Still Being Fixed After Migration

ApolloAbove [SG]

ApolloAbove [SG]Edited
#1

Greetings all. I hope you are enjoying the new forums.

First, if you need help recovering your account still, please contact me. To those of you who contacted me recently, please check your inboxes.
The forum migration may have reverted your username to a previous one, so try logging in with your old username first, and then requesting a username change within your profile settings.

As of right now we are still working on:
- EDIT: EMAIL HAS BEEN FIXED. TRY REQUESTING A PASSWORD RESET IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Coloring issues with some website elements not being very visible
- Nobody was intentionally stripped of mod powers or "rank." If you are unable to do something you used to be able to, please email.
- EDIT: Bookmarks are going to be restored for everyone very soon.

In the future:
- More themes for everyone to choose from
- More reactions and different emojis to use

Thank you for your patience.

Discussion

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#141
Henu the Great wrote:View source

That's interesting because I remember these sort of posts still been posted after OP was deleted. The same with topics.

From what I know (I never deleted any threads until the recent one by phi3), there have been some that were entirely deleted with no new replies.

ApolloAbove [SG]
#142

I had a list of posts on the previous forum which I went through to make sure they were deleted on this forum. This was attempted previously but had to be rolled back. It may seem surprising, but the two databases match 1:1 now.

#143

Why doesn't this forum take 100 percent width? Why is there a bottom scrollbar to only scroll couple of pixels.

#144

Also try using WebGL or something of sort for that banner animation, because it really tortures the CPU.

#145
Larissa666 wrote:View source

Also try using WebGL or something of sort for that banner animation, because it really tortures the CPU.

You can try using the forum on mobile if PC doesn't work well. Usually, the CPU threading is working better on phone than PC in some cases.

Depends on case ofc

#146
Evorum wrote:View source

You can try using the forum on mobile if PC doesn't work well. Usually, the CPU threading is working better on phone than PC in some cases.

Depends on case ofc

I use forum on both phone and desktop/laptop, it’s just feedback

AFODOLead Translator
#147
Larissa666 wrote:View source

Also try using WebGL or something of sort for that banner animation, because it really tortures the CPU.

could it be your browser?
I use firefox with a user.js, and it gets laggy, the whole computer, than on vanilla librewolf, it has no effects.

I'm not sure what you mean by WebGL, but one can also pick the banner element with uBlock and ban it. element picker mode < pick element < create.

#148
AFODO wrote:View source

could it be your browser?
I use firefox with a user.js, and it gets laggy, the whole computer, than on vanilla librewolf, it has no effects.

I'm not sure what you mean by WebGL, but one can also pick the banner element with uBlock and ban it. element picker mode < pick element < create.

Yeah, might be Firefox

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#149

What I want to do when I come to this website is click the notifications to read the replies to those topics. But it is not possible to do this until the page is fully finished loading, or instead of bringing down the list of notifications, it starts trying to load a different page.

This worked the same way in this software, and in the older version. It has not changed how this works. But the problem that has changed is that now it takes forever for the main page to finish loading, so I have to wait a very long time before I am able to start viewing the notifications. I am having to wait for several minutes just for the page to load, because of how many large things are on there. In the old version, most of the time it would load almost instantly.

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#150

Maybe this is what Larissa is talking about about the cpu being overloaded.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#151

When you need to resort to another device or for external software to tweak issues you know the design is flawed. The best solution would be to offer selection box settings such as "disable featured content", or "disable head banner". That way everyone has built-in possibilities to change their own user experience based on their needs and wants.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#152

@ApolloAbove [JG] Pinging you again since there was no response earlier.

https://www.ancient-forums.com/index.php?threads/whats-currently-still-being-fixed-after-migration.93212/post-482666External ↗

https://www.ancient-forums.com/index.php?threads/whats-currently-still-being-fixed-after-migration.93212/post-486052External ↗

I made another recording to show how the browsing forum does not work correctly on the Firefox browser.

The side panel does not scroll down when scrolling down, except when the multilingual section is closed. In which case other subforums below do not show up at all.

AFODOLead Translator
#153
Henu the Great wrote:View source

When you need to resort to another device or for external software to tweak issues you know the design is flawed. The best solution would be to offer selection box settings such as "disable featured content", or "disable head banner". That way everyone has built-in possibilities to change their own user experience based on their needs and wants.

Good things takes time and effort brothers. Lets first of all appreciate brother JG ApolloAbove for actively participating and contributing to all sites of ToZ to troubleshoot, and implement new things.

He is working on the forums and on other things too, we can't expect him to do all our request in a week. We can't judge on how slow or fast he is, because we don't know how much problem he needs to solve, how much he needs to learn and research, etc. When we reflect on others, we should also reflect on ourselves.

My suggestion is that we should make a list of the problems, bugs, and suggestions we have regarding the forum. For example on ToZ-projects, where we can all edit the list. This way, ApolloAbove can prioritize these things and see what needs to be done in one place.

BTW this comment is not for you specifically, Henu, but generally for this thread.

ApolloAbove [SG]
#154
Henu the Great wrote:View source

@ApolloAbove [JG] Pinging you again since there was no response earlier.

https://www.ancient-forums.com/index.php?threads/whats-currently-still-being-fixed-after-migration.93212/post-482666External ↗

https://www.ancient-forums.com/index.php?threads/whats-currently-still-being-fixed-after-migration.93212/post-486052External ↗

I made another recording to show how the browsing forum does not work correctly on the Firefox browser.

The side panel does not scroll down when scrolling down, except when the multilingual section is closed. In which case other subforums below do not show up at all.

Greetings,

Sure I can try fixing this.

Ài GōngLead Translator
#155

In the light mode some fonts are too dark or too light, like quotes and hyperlinks:

Attachment 874
Henu the GreatActive Helper
#156
AFODO wrote:View source

Good things takes time and effort brothers. Lets first of all appreciate brother JG ApolloAbove for actively participating and contributing to all sites of ToZ to troubleshoot, and implement new things.

He is working on the forums and on other things too, we can't expect him to do all our request in a week. We can't judge on how slow or fast he is, because we don't know how much problem he needs to solve, how much he needs to learn and research, etc. When we reflect on others, we should also reflect on ourselves.

My suggestion is that we should make a list of the problems, bugs, and suggestions we have regarding the forum. For example on ToZ-projects, where we can all edit the list. This way, ApolloAbove can prioritize these things and see what needs to be done in one place.

BTW this comment is not for you specifically, Henu, but generally for this thread.

Very interesting response considering that I have brought up several issues in a reasonable manner. I go beyond simply appreciating his work. I owe him at least one lunch already.

AFODOLead Translator
#157
Henu the Great wrote:View source

Very interesting response considering that I have brought up several issues in a reasonable manner. I go beyond simply appreciating his work. I owe him at least one lunch already.

As I said on the last line, it wasn't meant for you specifically, I'm not sure why I quoted you in the first place.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#158
AFODO wrote:View source

As I said on the last line, it wasn't meant for you specifically, I'm not sure why I quoted you in the first place.

Because you were triggered. 😀 It's okay.

AFODOLead Translator
#159
Henu the Great wrote:View source

Because you were triggered. 😀 It's okay.

I felt like being nice but didn't turned out that well as I can see.

Ài GōngLead Translator
#160

People seem to be necroposting a lot, I think because "Similar threads" box, they read titles and post without paying attention to the date. Maybe if a thread, or latest message in a thread is 1+ years old, a confirm box could pop-up when one clicks in "Post reply" warning "This thread is over (x) years old, are you sure you need to reply here?"

HPS Lydia wrote:

Also, the first post in this thread was made nearly 2 years ago. I'm not sure why it was bumped.