I would not be unhappy with this update if it was actually functional. I would not care about the changes in how it looks if everything worked correctly. But when the most important things are broken and it appears that the only thing gained is a different look, that is not an equal trade.
I am not so unhappy about this just for an emotional reason or for any small reason. But when you throw away tens of thousands of posts of valuable information by making it impossible to search and access any of these, people are not going to be happy about this. And it is not just an emotional reaction based on nothing for this loss to make people angry. Or the loss of other features like the preview.
I don't know any programming. But I do work on repairing, modifying, and upgrading systems that are each used by hundreds of people per day and thousands of people per year. If I have to shut something down while working on it, people are already unhappy. If I do something wrong and I have something stuck as non functioning, everything is fucked up and it's all my fault. So the way I work every day is a similar situation as doing an upgrade like this. I don't touch or change anything without understanding exactly what it will do. I don't touch or change anything unless I am certain that I can put it back exactly the way that it was. I do something, then I immediately test it to see that is is correctly functioning the way that I expect it to, then I move to the next thing. I never change a hundred things at one time without testing them. And if I change something and it ends up not being functional, I immediately put it back the way it was so that it is functional, and then can try something different.
Even if my work is not with programming, the procedures while doing it are the same. Because this is how to avoid all of these kinds of problems. I'm not just talking as somebody with no similar experience.
Why do you assume that HPZM or JG AA would be ok with these major bugs? If they couldn't be fixed, the option to revert back is always there. However, as HPZM described, we need to improve the forums, and sometimes this results in certain risks.
Regarding the operation of ToZ, any work done is more informal in nature, without the financial support of thousands of customers and supporting technicians who can learn the full extent of the systems at play. This would take too long to establish, given the goals of ToZ and any plans for expansion. These are two separate situations and factors which influence the timeline of product development.
So that is why the development cycle was expedited, even if that resulted in some hiccups. You cannot lose faith over this just because some problems appeared, especially as it is through your own user experience that highlighted to us these problems in the first place. Maybe the process is turbulent, but is not a sinking or sunken ship that it may feel like, as it has only been a few days and JG AA has been working very hard to patch and restore everything.