Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

What's Currently Still Being Fixed After Migration

ApolloAbove [SG]

ApolloAbove [SG]Edited
#1

Greetings all. I hope you are enjoying the new forums.

First, if you need help recovering your account still, please contact me. To those of you who contacted me recently, please check your inboxes.
The forum migration may have reverted your username to a previous one, so try logging in with your old username first, and then requesting a username change within your profile settings.

As of right now we are still working on:
- EDIT: EMAIL HAS BEEN FIXED. TRY REQUESTING A PASSWORD RESET IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Coloring issues with some website elements not being very visible
- Nobody was intentionally stripped of mod powers or "rank." If you are unable to do something you used to be able to, please email.
- EDIT: Bookmarks are going to be restored for everyone very soon.

In the future:
- More themes for everyone to choose from
- More reactions and different emojis to use

Thank you for your patience.

Discussion

ApolloAbove [SG]
#21
Ardgion wrote:View source

Also can you tell us what is the upload limit for photos, files and such?

I will be increasing the file size limits as well, probably to 3-5 MBs, so everyone can upload fairly nice images, but nothing excessive. If this goes well and there's a need for more, we can look at something like 6-8MB.

ApolloAbove [SG]
#22
Henu the Great wrote:View source

Everything works with Firefox with that setup. So the issue is within Chromium. I deleted all browser data with no effect on this issue. Then I disabled two extensions (Grammarly and uBlock Origin) AND deleted browser data again. No effect. I only use Chromium for two websites...

What could cause this?

Try just clicking the name of the person in the quote. I checked the underlying HTML, and the arrow symbol is part of the same link, so if you can see the username of the person, you should be able to just click this.

I am running Firefox as well with no issues seeing them.

BlueWizardLead Translator
#23
ApolloAbove [JG] wrote:View source

I will be increasing the file size limits as well, probably to 3-5 MBs, so everyone can upload fairly nice images, but nothing excessive. If this goes well and there's a need for more, we can look at something like 6-8MB.

3-5 MB does sound fairly enough. Some people, like me, like to take photos and upload them here but due to high quality I often have to resize them which lowers the quality too. Appreciate it!

#24

An idea, related to forum fix after migration would be to remove the Google plus feature, as Google plus is obsolete since 4th of April 2019.

Just an idea at the moment

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#25
BlackOnyx8 [JG] wrote:View source

To quote, you click on the quote button

Attachment 81

and then

Attachment 82

. This adds the entire text to the text editor, just like the old forums. Then you can manually remove whatever you want, or click in this button

Attachment 83

to toggle the code which is the same as in the old forums.

Your comment got messed up because you quoted multiple comments and inserted all of them. If you only want one quote to be displayed in the text editor, then you must remove the others by clicking on the Remove button.

Attachment 84

Another way you can quote is selecting the text you want to quote, and then click on the Quote button:

Attachment 85

The Preview button works as expected but there's a minor glitch in the text color that should be fixed soon. This is not something permanent, so please be patient.

As for the links in the old forums you could also assign text to links just like this.External ↗ But you can also just insert the link https://templeofzeus.org/External ↗

I do not have these buttons shown when using a phone. I do not have the brackets button or the "remove" button.

When highlighting a word or sentence, there is something coming up that says "quote." Thank you for telling me about that. I will have to test this more to see if this will work for me.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#26

The browser is updated as well.

ApolloAbove [JG] wrote:View source

Try just clicking the name of the person in the quote. I checked the underlying HTML, and the arrow symbol is part of the same link, so if you can see the username of the person, you should be able to just click this.

I am running Firefox as well with no issues seeing them.

Okay, you know what. This is a bug happening through the old links. I am on the laptop on which I initially noticed the issue, and it only appears after I open a page from old links. Clicking does not work as the whole functionality is broken (there seems to be no link).

Such as from a link like this https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85393&p=440179#p440179Full site ↗

Otherwise, this feature works. I will have to check if these links are nonfunctional on PDFs created on ToZ Projects. If they are, they will need to be reworked, it seems.

ApolloAbove [SG]
#27
Henu the Great wrote:View source

The browser is updated as well.

Okay, you know what. This is a bug happening through the old links. I am on the laptop on which I initially noticed the issue, and it only appears after I open a page from old links. Clicking does not work as the whole functionality is broken (there seems to be no link).

Such as from a link like this https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85393&p=440179#p440179Full site ↗

Otherwise, this feature works. I will have to check if these links are nonfunctional on PDFs created on ToZ Projects. If they are, they will need to be reworked, it seems.

Oh! I see what you mean.

I will look into this, thank you. Excellent find.

ApolloAbove [SG]
#28
Ardgion wrote:View source

3-5 MB does sound fairly enough. Some people, like me, like to take photos and upload them here but due to high quality I often have to resize them which lowers the quality too. Appreciate it!

This has been updated, so 5MB files will be the new max limit.

Hrodrik Avernus [SG]Edited
#29
Ol argedco luciftias wrote:View source

I do not have these buttons shown when using a phone. I do not have the brackets button or the "remove" button.

When highlighting a word or sentence, there is something coming up that says "quote." Thank you for telling me about that. I will have to test this more to see if this will work for me.

From what I understand we have everything we had on the old forums, plus some other functionalities. After testing all of these, I can say that it's much easier, even on the phone (I also spend a lot of time on the phone here), to just select the text and click the quote button. The other easy way is to do as explained earlier and just remove from the quote box, manually, without having to deal with code. However, if you still prefer to use the quote tags, I made a quick tutorial for you.

1. Click "Quote"

2. Scroll down to the textbox where you would write your message and click "Insert quotes…"

3. Click "Quote messages". This will add everything to the textbox.

4. Click the three dots.

5. Then click the brackets button.

6. And here's the code exposed just like we had in the old forum.

#30

Hello, the update is nice but there seems to be a bug that prevents me from posting translated sermons. When I try to post a new sermon, the following message appears:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

What shall I do about it? It's been days since I was unable to post translated articles.

Head Guardian Sophiles Phylax
#31
sshivafr2 wrote:View source

Can you please help me recover my previous account, or at least the 1st, this is the 3rd...

I lost access to my 1st account following the massive attack on the forum in 2022.

I've been registered since 2021 and now I have to appear as a new member.. 😔

Regarding the account you had before migration, try to log in with the original username, if yours was changed. I don't believe there should be any errors with the password, but rather the username could have "reverted" to the original. If true, you could likely even search for it, as it should exist in the database still.

Head Guardian Sophiles Phylax
#32
Nimrod33 wrote:View source

Hello, the update is nice but there seems to be a bug that prevents me from posting translated sermons. When I try to post a new sermon, the following message appears:

What shall I do about it? It's been days since I was unable to post translated articles.

Where are you trying to post the sermons? Also, are there any attachments or anything that may interfere? Try to post different variations, like half the sermon, or without pictures. Also try to post it on your personal profile and see if it goes through that way.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#33
ApolloAbove [JG] wrote:View source

...

Hello,

I mentioned a bug related to forum browsing earlier. Here is a GIF file to demonstrate it. What is happening is that when the multilingual section is closed the other subsections below it do not show up either.

#34

I had to make a new account because my old one won't work anymore, I will miss all of those bookmarks :(

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#35
BlackOnyx8 [JG] wrote:View source

.....

Thank you for your help. I didn't see the text box at the bottom, because when I click to reply to a message this shows a different text box under the message. And the quotes from what I tried to highlight were not in here when I tested that.

Still wish I didn't have to scroll around all over the page and click all these different buttons everywhere just to show something that was always instantly shown before. Having to do all of these steps is not easier or improved compared to not having to do any of this before.

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#36

I don't want to bother anybody by complaining about too many things. But it would be very helpful if all of the other language subforums were together inside of another subforum called Multilingual. They are grouped as a list when the list of them are shown, but they are not actually inside of one group together. So there is no way to select all of the languages at the same time.

When all of the new posts are filled with languages that I don't understand, I used to take one of those links and instead of clicking into the topic, clicking into the forum for that language. Then from there clicking again to the multilingual forum containing all other languages. And I was able to Mark As Read all of these languages at the same time. So that the page of unread posts will be all English that I can read. With so many other language's forums being added and each one of them getting so popular, it is difficult to go through all of them individually to seperately mark each one as read. And if I don't mark them, the Unread topics gets so filled up with them that it is difficult to sort through and find questions that I could read and answer.

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#37
Weasel2 wrote:View source

I had to make a new account because my old one won't work anymore, I will miss all of those bookmarks :(

Bookmarks are gone anyway. 😀

Henu the GreatActive Helper
#38

.

ApolloAbove [JG] wrote:View source

...

Hello again,

I'm not sure if this is redundant at this point, but I noticed that quoting a post after the platform update seems to make the function of moving onto the quoted post work, but the same is not true for the posts before the update.

Sorry, it cuts off in the end, but you can see that the feature in question is functional in the last post.

Hrodrik Avernus [SG]
#39
Ol argedco luciftias wrote:View source

Thank you for your help. I didn't see the text box at the bottom, because when I click to reply to a message this shows a different text box under the message. And the quotes from what I tried to highlight were not in here when I tested that.

Still wish I didn't have to scroll around all over the page and click all these different buttons everywhere just to show something that was always instantly shown before. Having to do all of these steps is not easier or improved compared to not having to do any of this before.

It is the same text box, you can just click "Quote" and then "Reply" and it'll have the exact same result. Clicking "Reply" will automatically scroll all the way down.

Ol argedco luciftiasActive Helper
#40
BlackOnyx8 [JG] wrote:View source

It is the same text box, you can just click "Quote" and then "Reply" and it'll have the exact same result. Clicking "Reply" will automatically scroll all the way down.

Somebody must have changed something. Now when I click reply on a message, the quote is shown correctly like it used to be. I am thankful for your help, and anybody who changed something to make this work now.

I would put a happy face here, but it looks like I can't do that anymore. The happy face was not such an important feature for me to be disappointed without it, but I did like to use it sometimes.