Temple of Zeus — The Assembly of the Gods

Useless Junk: How to Have a More Spiritual Material Life

High Priestess Lydia Coventina

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#1

Most people have experienced when they go looking for something specific in their home, having to annoyingly stumble across and sort through random useless junk that they don’t even know what purpose it serves.

Or when tidying up the home, seeing all the random useless things that take up space. This can also create mental clutter as well, having all these random things that serve no purpose in your life, cluttering up your home.

Having items in the home that are not important or meaningful also brings to attention all the cheap, mass-produced, made-by-child-slaves junk that will only add to overflowing landfills, create pollution, and further the feeling of empty meaninglessness of existence. Why is something produced, if it is not for a meaningful reason?

The solution is to keep in mind these 3 qualifications for items. Everything in your home must meet at least 1 qualification:

1. Useful. The item must serve a purpose and be used on a regular or recurring basis, such as daily/weekly use (kitchenware, for example), or even just yearly such as holiday decorations.

2. Beautiful. The item is pleasing to look at; helps the mind be calm or expansive; or showcases your interests, heritage, personality, etc.

3. Sentimental (Meaningful). The item must have a sentimental meaning, which is healthy for your heart and soul to have it in your home. Something a loved one gave to you; something you inherited from your family; something you loved as a child; something you made for yourself; or something that reminds you of a specific time or event in your life, as some examples.

Everything that does not meet one of these qualifications is useless junk and worth no value to you. Go over each item in your home (this could take a while, don’t plan on doing it all in one round), and anything that does not meet 1 of the above 3 qualifications, consider getting rid of it. This will also help you understand how important each of your selected remaining items are, which is a healthy mindset to have.

Why keep something that has no value to you, when you can:

1. Have a clearer home environment, which has the bonus side-effect of allowing you to feel more mentally refreshed in your home.

2. Make room for something else that does have value to you.

3. Make room for more clear space in your home, thereby allowing your home to look larger and tidier.

4. Know that every single thing in your home is important, meaningful to you, and has a purpose.

5. Sell it for money to spend on something better.

6. Donate it or give it to someone who will appreciate it (and they will appreciate you for giving it to them).

And when you purchase new items, make wise decisions here, as your money is valuable and should never be wasted. (Reminder: Never buy new items during a Void of Course Moon.) Examine carefully, the item you are contemplating buying:

1. Is it something that will make your life better in some way? (Useful)

2. Is it something that truly makes you happy, and will continue to bring joy to your life every time you see or use it? (Beautiful; Sentimental)

3. Is it something necessary, that you will use on a recurring basis? (Useful)

4. Is the item well made, of lasting quality? If not, look elsewhere. (Tip: If the item has a defect that does not hinder its use, or that you can fix yourself, you can talk to the seller about buying it at a discount.)

5. Is it something that will continue to make a good impression on you; or will you be bored of it after a short time? Be honest with yourself and your interests and personality.

Your money is valuable. It is far better to save it up for quality purchases, or make wise investments, or have it saved up. Many people who struggle to make ends meet, continually waste money on random items they don’t actually need, and/or serve no real purpose in their lives. It is better to make less purchases and have more money, than to be flat broke with useless junk cluttering your house and closets.

Keeping all of the above in mind will also enable a person to feel more spiritual in their everyday life. When everything you own is important and has value and meaning to you, then you will feel much more content and fulfilled, both in your mind and in your heart.

Discussion

#61
Apollo13 wrote:

This information is great Lydia... Thank you

Am always amazed on how women facisnate us men, coz if it was us men, trust me the house would have been a great mess, probably destroyed

Jokes aside, Thank you for the info, what you have said is true

Not true, both can have their own issues. Aren't women the heavy spenders? ;P

#62
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:
Henu the Great wrote:
Lunar Dance 666 wrote:

Half of the stuff is whats new in the house. Usually some form of paper that doesnt have a home yet.

Ideas for storing papers can be found here: https://www.homestratosphere.com/types-of-office-storage/

Forget that I said anything about this.

I know that you are trying to help but you're just making assumptions at this point.

I said the paper thing and 5 min later I was like 'I shouldnt have said anything'.

Look, my house is very small. I don't have a spare room. I don't have a storage area in this place even for cleaning stuff (just bad house design).
The walls are gypsum plates. And occasionally there is something tough like metal or concrete behind them so you can't go through the wall at all.

How about you try fitting your entire life on a couple of square meters?

Ive done what I can. Everything is overflowing and all I can do is purge to get some breathing air back. It feels like a lot but there isn't even that much. Its just this place is too fucking small.

simplicity is elegance
thou are art
etc

Head Guardian Sophiles Phylax
#63
Henu the Great wrote:

And Sowilo also relates to desires and acts as a factor to increase the effectiveness of Fehu when paired together. I think Fehu is somewhat close to Jupiter's energies, no?

Yep. Fehu is like the expansion/mobile wealth aspect of Jupiter. Kenaz is where you can find more of the knowledge-seeking part of Jupiter.

Lightning_Puma
#64
Blitzkreig [JG wrote:

" post_id=448674 time=1686510230 user_id=21286]

Henu the Great wrote:

And Sowilo also relates to desires and acts as a factor to increase the effectiveness of Fehu when paired together. I think Fehu is somewhat close to Jupiter's energies, no?

Yep. Fehu is like the expansion/mobile wealth aspect of Jupiter. Kenaz is where you can find more of the knowledge-seeking part of Jupiter.

Brother, where did you learn such extensive knowledge about the runes? Was it a specific book or did you use Dagaz for flashes of intuition, Laaz for energy sensitivity and Perthro to gain knowledge about the other runes?

I'm curious.

Head Guardian Sophiles Phylax
#65
Lightning-Wings wrote:

Brother, where did you learn such extensive knowledge about the runes? Was it a specific book or did you use Dagaz for flashes of intuition, Laaz for energy sensitivity and Perthro to gain knowledge about the other runes?

I'm curious.

A lot of it was just personal interest which drove me to memorize and ponder the information available through ToZ, https://runesecrets.com/ , and "Futhark, a Handbook of Rune Magic" by Edred Thorsson. Combine this with astrology knowledge, which gives additional background information on how various energies operate. Also, look at how the runes are used by the clergy in the various rituals.

Through the above resources, you can learn a lot if you think about it enough, combined with your personal use of the runes. Of course, I have not used every rune in each of its listed functions. The rest of the knowledge I credit to the Gods who have likely made things easier for me in various ways, but for them to do this you first have to memorize the basics.

No, I did not use Perthro or anything for a gain in knowledge, although I would like to when I get the time to do so.

#66
Samkara wrote:
Apollo13 wrote:

This information is great Lydia... Thank you

Am always amazed on how women facisnate us men, coz if it was us men, trust me the house would have been a great mess, probably destroyed

Jokes aside, Thank you for the info, what you have said is true

Not true, both can have their own issues. Aren't women the heavy spenders? ;P

Yes they are :D :D

Lightning_Puma
#67
Blitzkreig [JG wrote:

" post_id=448769 time=1686543907 user_id=21286]

Lightning-Wings wrote:

Brother, where did you learn such extensive knowledge about the runes? Was it a specific book or did you use Dagaz for flashes of intuition, Laaz for energy sensitivity and Perthro to gain knowledge about the other runes?

I'm curious.

A lot of it was just personal interest which drove me to memorize and ponder the information available through ToZ, https://runesecrets.com/ , and "Futhark, a Handbook of Rune Magic" by Edred Thorsson. Combine this with astrology knowledge, which gives additional background information on how various energies operate. Also, look at how the runes are used by the clergy in the various rituals.

Through the above resources, you can learn a lot if you think about it enough, combined with your personal use of the runes. Of course, I have not used every rune in each of its listed functions. The rest of the knowledge I credit to the Gods who have likely made things easier for me in various ways, but for them to do this you first have to memorize the basics.

No, I did not use Perthro or anything for a gain in knowledge, although I would like to when I get the time to do so.

Thank you so much, brother!!

#68
Lightning-Wings wrote:
Blitzkreig [JG wrote:

" post_id=448674 time=1686510230 user_id=21286]

Henu the Great wrote:

And Sowilo also relates to desires and acts as a factor to increase the effectiveness of Fehu when paired together. I think Fehu is somewhat close to Jupiter's energies, no?

Yep. Fehu is like the expansion/mobile wealth aspect of Jupiter. Kenaz is where you can find more of the knowledge-seeking part of Jupiter.

Brother, where did you learn such extensive knowledge about the runes? Was it a specific book or did you use Dagaz for flashes of intuition, Laaz for energy sensitivity and Perthro to gain knowledge about the other runes?

I'm curious.

give me your email im talking to you

I put it on the russian board if you go there

Lightning_Puma
#69
Asurya wrote:
Lightning-Wings wrote:
Blitzkreig [JG wrote:

" post_id=448674 time=1686510230 user_id=21286]

Yep. Fehu is like the expansion/mobile wealth aspect of Jupiter. Kenaz is where you can find more of the knowledge-seeking part of Jupiter.

Brother, where did you learn such extensive knowledge about the runes? Was it a specific book or did you use Dagaz for flashes of intuition, Laaz for energy sensitivity and Perthro to gain knowledge about the other runes?

I'm curious.

give me your email im talking to you

I put it on the russian board if you go there

What are you talking about?

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#70
Wotanwarrior wrote:
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=449429 time=1686903961 user_id=57]
My brother and I are a good example of this: I am a frugal person who does not like to spend money on superfluous things and this is reflected in my natal chart and my brother is a spendthrift who likes to spend his money on brand name clothes, expensive perfumes and similar things.

That thing about all women being spendthrifts is a stupid meme.

I'm a wise spender myself, I hate expensive brand name clothes, and love getting something nice on massive discount. One of my favorite dresses, beautiful colors, I bought for $10!

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#71
hailourtruegod wrote:

[...]This meme is on par with the similar one that calls men messy brutes. We know this isn't a general thing but one can understand where it originated and become exaggerated and twisted.

This meme also bothers me, as many men take pride in their home and will spend a lot of money having a nicely decorated home. It's very ignorant to say all men are messy brutes who will happily live in the type of apartment the other person posted a picture of.

AquariusActive Helper
#72
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=449568 time=1686978768 user_id=57]

Wotanwarrior wrote:
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=449429 time=1686903961 user_id=57]
My brother and I are a good example of this: I am a frugal person who does not like to spend money on superfluous things and this is reflected in my natal chart and my brother is a spendthrift who likes to spend his money on brand name clothes, expensive perfumes and similar things.

That thing about all women being spendthrifts is a stupid meme.

I'm a wise spender myself, I hate expensive brand name clothes, and love getting something nice on massive discount. One of my favorite dresses, beautiful colors, I bought for $10!

I hate them too them big brands. I think we've been conditioned since childhood to only like the big brands. I personally don't care about them, even clothes with no brand that are of good quality are great for me.

hailourtruegod
#73
Aquarius wrote:

I hate them too them big brands. I think we've been conditioned since childhood to only like the big brands. I personally don't care about them, even clothes with no brand that are of good quality are great for me.

The brand named stuff MOST of the time (not always) have better quality material and that's why they tend to cost more. Not all the times are we paying for just the brand name BUT there are still cases where you're totally right and it's better to go with the less known brand.

Just some more context, some cheaper brands are cheap because they are of either cheap material or made in 3rd world countries or both. Although, like Nike brand, they have expensive shoes but made in Chinese sweat shops.

One just needs to know more about the brand/off brand things they buy. Finding things in the thrift store or even garage/yard sales as Lydia might have alluded to and getting brand named clothes with good quality clothes is a good way to go.

High Priestess Lydia Coventina
#74
Apollo13 wrote:

No need to course any commotion, i just thought it would be funny
My sincere apologies

It's ok :)

StormbloodActive Helper
#75
Aquarius wrote:
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=449568 time=1686978768 user_id=57]

Wotanwarrior wrote:

My brother and I are a good example of this: I am a frugal person who does not like to spend money on superfluous things and this is reflected in my natal chart and my brother is a spendthrift who likes to spend his money on brand name clothes, expensive perfumes and similar things.

That thing about all women being spendthrifts is a stupid meme.

I'm a wise spender myself, I hate expensive brand name clothes, and love getting something nice on massive discount. One of my favorite dresses, beautiful colors, I bought for $10!

I hate them too them big brands. I think we've been conditioned since childhood to only like the big brands. I personally don't care about them, even clothes with no brand that are of good quality are great for me.

For me, it depends. I go mainly for quality first, then looks, then occasion.

I can hardly find anything that fully satisfies my preferences for polos and similar, for example.

Even harder is finding sports clothes that aren't made of crap, anti-human fabrics like polyester and nylon.

AquariusActive Helper
#76
Stormblood wrote:
Aquarius wrote:
Lydia [JG wrote:

" post_id=449568 time=1686978768 user_id=57]

I'm a wise spender myself, I hate expensive brand name clothes, and love getting something nice on massive discount. One of my favorite dresses, beautiful colors, I bought for $10!

I hate them too them big brands. I think we've been conditioned since childhood to only like the big brands. I personally don't care about them, even clothes with no brand that are of good quality are great for me.

For me, it depends. I go mainly for quality first, then looks, then occasion.

I can hardly find anything that fully satisfies my preferences for polos and similar, for example.

Even harder is finding sports clothes that aren't made of crap, anti-human fabrics like polyester and nylon.

That is true. Either you can't find them or they will cost a lot. You could try simply buying such clothing that is not labeled for sport.

StormbloodActive Helper
#77
Aquarius wrote:
Stormblood wrote:
Aquarius wrote:

I hate them too them big brands. I think we've been conditioned since childhood to only like the big brands. I personally don't care about them, even clothes with no brand that are of good quality are great for me.

For me, it depends. I go mainly for quality first, then looks, then occasion.

I can hardly find anything that fully satisfies my preferences for polos and similar, for example.

Even harder is finding sports clothes that aren't made of crap, anti-human fabrics like polyester and nylon.

That is true. Either you can't find them or they will cost a lot. You could try simply buying such clothing that is not labeled for sport.

I'll probably have a business making them at some point, and providing them for reasonable prices.